[IRCA] Alinco DX-R8T for AM DXing?

Just wondering if anyone on the lists has used the Alinco DX-R8T receiver for AM DXing? Among it's most interesting features is a 12 KHz I/Q output on the rear
panel that would allow for the receiver to be used as an SDR.

This opens up a lot of possibilities, and makes this receiver the "best of both worlds". A small, portable receiver with a decent feature set (though no DSP)---combined with I/Q outputs that allow it to be connected to a computer for further processing.

Unfortunately, Alinco isn't famous for publishing a lot of details about their radios----

Universal Radio is selling the radio at $479, which makes it a good value for an HF receiver.

--
73,

*Les Rayburn, N1LF*
EM63nf