From: "Les Rayburn" <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 3:48 PM
To: <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <abdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] 16:1 Matching Transformer for "Superloop"

I've finally decided to try my hand at building a "Superloop" antenna as described in the October 2009 issue of "Popular Communications" in an article by Bruce Conti.

In that article he mentions a 16:1 matching transformer made from a binocular ferrite core and 30 AWG wire. I've never had much luck at winding my own coils. For my previous "Flag" antenna, I used 16:1 transformers from Mini-Circuits which performed well, but suffered many failures due our frequent and intense lightning storms here.

Bruce's article mentions that many amateurs are available to make these coils and easily found on the Internet--but I'm having no luck.

Does anyone out there know someone who makes great 16:1 transformers for Superloops and would be willing to wind two of them for me? Happy to pay for the service, and can send funds via PayPal or USPS money order.
Thanks!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park