Re: [IRCA] New MW QSL (WGBW)

>>Hi Patrick, I see that you have a long beverage. I have a shorty,
about 500 feet. I set it up yesterday as I do each year, but for some
reason this time I am picking up some locals about 20 miles away on some
LW frequencies that I don't remember in past years. Nothing is different
in my setup except the lead in coax is 75ohms and not 50. That would not
make that much of difference would it? Do you get some locals on your
wire? It seems worse during the day, when stations are ND and full
power, but it is distressing. Thanks. George in Virginia<<

Great to hear from you. Fortunately I don't have any strong locals. KSWB
840 kHz 1000w/500wND 9 miles South KKEE-1230 kHz 1000w ND 7 miles North,
behind a hill, and my closest KAST 1370 kHz 1000w U2 5.7 miles to the
NE.  All locals no issues, even the SW EWE that has a lobe to the
South/SW (KSWB), so no images or harmonics here. All can be nulled or
phased out at night to hear other stations. Plus the beverage runs to
the East an there are no locals in that direction. The salt air has
eaten away a ot of the grounding of the locals through the years.
Especially the two Astoria stations (KKEE & KAST) do not get out like
they did 30-40 years ago.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin