Re: [IRCA] A new addition at KVSH-940

Looks like a good little local station. However, when you click the Programming tab, the page is blank.

I am biased, of course, but the best local station I ever heard was the old WCAS-740 Cambridge MA. The calls stood for Watertown, Cambridge, Arlington and Somerville (with a silent "B" for Belmont). Winters were tough for the-then daytimer: sunrise 7:30, sunset 4:15; so much for amassing a drive-time audience. John Callarman did a super job as news director. This was back in the days when radio was fun.

740 is now WJIB (EZ). This is ironic since I was in downtown Boston running co-owned WJIB-96.9. It did very well with its EZ format and in fact was the first FM station to sell for $1 million when Kaiser/Globe sold it to GE.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 & ICF2010