Re: [IRCA] Local Radio Is Getting Tuned Out.

Re: [IRCA] Local Radio Is Getting Tuned Out.

Here on the Northern OR Coast, local KAST was on the air 24/7 with local
news and reports when our huge storm hit back in 2007 with wind gusts of
170 MPH in places. That storm when on for 3 days with winds 100+ MPH.
Tom Friel OM at KAST went out in the winds right on Youngs Bay trying to
keep the old generator on the air to keep KAST going. At that time the
generator put out less that 500w, but still we had a local voice in the
community. Since then the City of Astoria bought KAST a new generator
where they can run the full 1 KW if needed in the future. I hope I don't
live long enough to see a mega quake on the coast like the one that hit
in 1700. According to experts, that quake off the coast created a 100
foot wave that washed all the way to the Coast Range. If that ever
happens you can besure there will be little left. Going through the 9.2
quake in Seward AK in 1964 was enough for me!.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR