Re: [IRCA] DX Tip for WDXR

On 10/23/2011 12:58 PM, Patrick Martin wrote:
I did not know they moved the city of license. Thanks for the update.
  >>  WGBW is listenced to Denmark WI<<

Hence the DX test: what WGBW's owner Mark Heller was doing was testing out a brand-new AM directional array. His old one-tower site was just north of Two Rivers, within spitting distance of the Lake Michigan shoreline. The new four-tower, 10 kW site is just off I-43 near Cooperstown, a few miles southeast of Denmark, and it's designed to blast into Green Bay, a few miles to the northwest.

Mark just bought a second station in the area, WMBE 1530 New Holstein (ex-Chilton, but with no change in facilities)...maybe we can get him to test that one soon, too, though it will get clobbered at night by WCKY.