Re: [IRCA] MN TA audio 0n 783 at 0215 UTC who?

Carrier was noted still 0530 UTC bur don't know if from same station. Checked 4845 evening & hard to be positive with WWCR on 4840, but 4845 seemed not there. There were over 60 TA carriers last night but only a few had audio. Thanks. 73, George S., MN

From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:53 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] MN TA audio 0n 783 at 0215 UTC who?

1215.0000 and 1268.9992 are the carriers heard here at 0430UT; 1215
is the beefier but still quite weak.

782.9998 shows an occasional trace here, George, but only using
Spectran to "see" it.  I believe your times are too early for
Mauritania (can any east coaster verify its sign on time?  EMWG says
0830UT, //4845, and s/off is given as 0100UT), but the carrier might
be there a lot earlier.    Can you figure out what time it starts to
fade out?  That might give you an idea of where the transmitter could be.

best wishes,

Nick