Re: [IRCA] 585-2WEB Verification Letter (and goodies)

Re: [IRCA] 585-2WEB Verification Letter (and goodies)

Thanks Patrick,

According to David's letter 585-2WEB boosted power to 10 kw a few years
back, and runs a varied music format (soft rock, classic rock and
country) with automated programming during the time that we are most
likely to hear them (1200-1500 UTC, or late evenings in Australia).
This results in fewer ID's and local programming during this time
period, but David said that accurate records are kept of each song
played, which helped him also confirm my reception last year at the
Seaside beach on July 18th.

585-2WEB is one of a number of stations which seem pretty regular on
the NW Oregon coast during the summer, but which never produced a trace
for John B. or me at Grayland during four summer Ultralight
DXpeditions. The other ones are 603-Radio Waatea, 666-Noumea and
765-Radio Kahungunu. David's message concerning 2WEB's verification
policy is pasted below, for those interested.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)

Hi Gary,

As a DX'er myself (former member of SPEEDX and current member of
ARDXC), I can
appreciate the value of a reception report. Though I no longer QSL
myself, I
certainly did appreciate the "prompt response" years ago, when sending
reception
reports was a big part of my SWL/MW experience.

I also do the Breakfast Show, which in the USA is the equivalent of
"Morning
Drive."

You can listen to us any time via our website: outbackradio.com.au
Click the
"listen live" links. My show is on from 1-3pm Pacific Time. (It's also
because
of our web stream, I require a very detailed reception report or MP3s,
"prove" reception.)

Everyone here enjoyed your letter and picture.

Take care and 73s.

David