[IRCA] CKAC 730 will change format

I just heard a moment ago on CKAC 730 a canned message from the president of Cogeco Diffusion, owner of CKAC that there will be a format change effective from next Tuesday at 04:30 AM, DST. CKAC sports will become "Radio Circulation 730" (Traffic Radio 730). The sport programming including the Montreal Canadians games will be transfer over the 98.5 FM frequency, already a talk radio owned by Cogeco Diffusion. They also stated that their web site will continue to emphasize on sports.

The use of this format may be adequate for now since there is currently a known traffic chaos in Montreal due to many road repairs and major construction sites but I don't believe in a long term profitability and in my opinion, unfortunately this is the beginning of the end of CKAC-AM.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/on-september-6-ckac-becomes-radio-circulation-730-montreals-first-dedicated-traffic-1556827.htm

Sylvain Naud
Portneuf, QC
Canada