From: Steve Francis <amdxmail@xxxxxxx>
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, June 26, 2011 11:25:57 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 960 KMA

I heard their Star-Spangled Banner and sign-on many a time at 6:00am ELT.

Ike and Margaret Everly and their sons Don and Phil lived in Shenandoah in the
early 1950's; they had a predawn musical show weekdays on KMA, the "Everly
Family Program."  They later moved to Knoxville, where the brothers graduated
from West High School and were briefly regulars on "Cas Walker's Farm and Home
Hour."

"Laugh-In"'s Gary Owens also worked at KMA before heading to KOIL in Omaha.

Steve Francis
Alcoa, Tennessee