[IRCA] RF PRO-1A vs. ALA1530 Loop Antenna Comparison Review

[IRCA] RF PRO-1A vs. ALA1530 Loop Antenna Comparison Review

 For the last few months I've been doing some methodical comparing of the
signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of many stations as heard through the Pixel
Technologies RF PRO-1A and Wellbrook Communications ALA1530 active loop
antennas. Using the spectrum analyzer qualities of the Perseus SDR receiver
I've been able to be very objective on which loop antenna gives the best
reception on all the LW, MW, and HF bands.

I've written a detailed review of the two loops which contains S/N charts
for all bands, plus a selection of "A-B" comparison MP3 recordings and the
original MS Excel spreadsheet file of raw S/N data available for download.

I've sent the review to some DX hobby web sites for possible publication,
but Wellbrook has chosen to make the PDF file available now for download
from their site:

 http://www.wellbrook.uk.com/reviews/ALA1530-vs-RFPRO-1AReview.pdf

I hope you find the comparison review useful. It was very interesting and
refreshing to use a receiver like Perseus as a S/N measuring tool rather
than just making observations "by ear" as I've done for all my previous
reviews and articles over the years.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA