[IRCA] Resistance between grounds

As an experiment last week, I decided to see what was the resistence
between my  grounds were in the yard. I have 9 grounds. 4 of them are
for the matching transformers feeding the four pieces of coax from the
NW/NE/SW EWEs and the Beverage. Then I have the 4 grounds at the ends
where they are terminated and finally the receiver ground.  Two of the
antennas come in close to each other, the SW EWE and the Beverage. The
other two are separated 30-50 feet away. I ran the meter from the two
grounds (SW EWE & Beverage) separated by a couple of feet. I found 5,000
ohms. I then checked the ground from the SW EWE to the NE EWE. Those
grounds are  separated by 40 feet. I found 5,000 ohms. With our soaking
wet soil and the swamp in the field and our water table is above the
surface much of the year, there is probably nothing I can do to raise
that 5,000 ohms. In experimenting I disconnected the grounds from
everything except the antenna I was using. I also monitored the signal
out in the yard and see can tell no difference. No change in pattern or
nulls. Nothing. I am sure the resistance has always been the same since
I moved out here in 1981, so I guess it isn't anything to be concerned
about. Even if it made a difference, the only thing I could do it to go
back to one antenna. I would like having 100K between grounds, but that
is not likely out here.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin