Re: [IRCA] CKNX 920

Craig In Providence, If you want to investigate the CKNX signal
strength mystery then I can give you their phone number if you
don't have it so you can find out exactly what they are doing
if they will release that info. Bill in BC

Since the local 920 station isn't one of my clients and they don't seem interested in pursuing it, I'll just let it go. The proper move would be to position myself with a field strength meter so it nulls the local station. Then record the CKNX signal strength across their sunset time. I've had to do that in the past for others, though not 920.

I have looked at the CKNX day/night power and pattern. If they did go to night pattern, signal here would drop a considerable amount. It'd probably vanish. Never has happened that I've ever noticed. They aren't the only station that ignores pattern change. It's more common than ever before. Given the general electrical noise increase and additional IBOC hiss, I can't say as I'm surprised. Stations need to survive.

Thanks for the offer. The US FCC would have to go through an international department to lodge a complaint. It takes a long time and is often ignored. (shrug)

Craig Healy
Providence, RI