Re: [IRCA] OFF TOPIC: Honolulu Band Scan

Re: [IRCA] OFF TOPIC: Honolulu Band Scan

Every time I'm in Hawaii, I always bring a souped-up ULR.  I suspect that
the car radio you had was very feeble.  1610 in Honolulu is the traffic
advisory radio, and is usually on with a loop at good strength 24 hours a
day, and yet you didn't hear it.  From Honolulu, I heard several stations
from other islands as well as the local Oahu stations.  Last time there was
in December.  I also remember clearly hearing and recording every MW station
while driving up Haleakala on Maui for the sunrise.  No problems there at
all!  One other observation I once made was that my balcony on Waikiki,
about a block from the ocean was only so-so, but taking the ULR down to the
beach, especially at dusk was magic!  Sure beats DXing in sub zero
temperatures up here!  .........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC