[IRCA] Just out of the hospital!

Greetings everyone.....

Just wanted to inform all that I came back home yesterday afternoon after a 6 day stay at Kaiser Hospital here in S.F. Had an attack late thursday evening with severe pain in the lower abdomen. Went to Emergency. CT Scan showed a small perforation in the colon. Deverticulitis, or some such. Spent next 3 days/nights on IV's with no food or water. Docs saw I was making progress, pain was minimizing so put off surgery in hopes hole will heal itself. I dunno about healing itself in a 77 year old man but I'd bet on the alternative that the many, many, many prayers of my family & friends reached the Good Lord and the Almighty Physician caused the healing. Amen! At any rate I'm home now, feeling a LOT better, sleeping for a change (sleep does not come easy in a hospital for any of the patients) and continuing to heal.

Thanks to all of you on these lists that have offered the hand of friendship over the years. Please continue.

Hope to have my 'continuing with dx' column up tomorrow.

Don Kaskey