From: Rick Dau <drummer1965usa@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 19:52:54
Subject: [IRCA] DXers under the age of 30

About 1999 or so, the NRC had a member named Luke Steele from Vinita, Oklahoma
who ran their contests section, and he was about 17 at the time.  Not sure if
he's still active or not.

50 years from now, I wonder if radio stations will even be around.  Today's
youth, as has already been mentioned on this list, are getting their music from
iPods, and if none of them even know about AM radio these days, I can imagine
there'll come a point in time where FM will become passe in their minds, too.
And a generation that grew up on radio will be long gone.

73,
Rick Dau
South Omaha, NE
Sony ICF-2010 + Quantum Loop

On Apr 5, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Patrick Martin wrote:

> I think Paul Walker is in his 20s. He may be the youngest at least on
> the IRCA list. There was a French DXer on HCDX (I think) a few years ago
> that was about 14 at the time. If he is still active, he probably is
> about 20 by now. But I have not seen his postings for sometime. But
> younger DXers are rare these days. Kids I know that go to our church, I
> have asked about AM radio. They did not even know about it! FM, yes to a
> certain point, but AM. They never listen to the radio period.
> They like their video games. They all seem to have them.
>
> Patrick
>
> Patrick Martin
> Seaside OR
> KGED QSL Manager