Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Getting to the bottom of 1710 - OT chuckle

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Getting to the bottom of 1710 - OT chuckle

Again, sorry for the firestorm!

Speaking of age (and I know that I have not went through all of the
digests yet)BUT how do we perpetuate the hobby?  Terrestrial radio is
not dead (yet).  DX'ing is still a enjoyable hobby and I'm sure that
there are some who dabble in it at a young age who do not know about
organized clubs and DX'ers.  Hey, we all started somewhere.  TV and FM
catch new DX'ers by surprise, especially sporadic E or strong
tropospheric openings.

There are at least two WTFDSA'ers in their twenties.

Ham radio the same way.  A fellow DX'er promised me (and others on the
list that we were on) a rig if we got our ticket.  I got my ticket but
am a little too proud to beg, so I passed but that DX'er and fellow ham
has the right mindset!  Perpetuate the hobby!  Then there are hams with
"super stations" with tons of back up, backup gear that will most likely
never be on the air again, under his callsign.  Then the spouse or kids
has to find new homes for the stuff.  When I do get a station, I will
instruct my heirs to pass it down to a school radio or local club, after
I pass.

73,
Dave in Indy

Message: 6