Re: [IRCA] Breaking in a new MW Receiver

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 10:30:01 -0400 "Craig Healy" <bubba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Has anyone tried the ICOM IC-7000 tranceiver?  Supposedly a good DSP rig.
>I've been thinking about replacing the Palstar in my truck with that.  I
>haven't seen any MW band reception reviews for it yet.

I will do an intensive review and write up on the 703+

The specs state that the sensitivity of the 703+ is reduced
from 0 - 1600khz  from the .6uv capabilities from 1.8 to 60 mhz

Probably a good thing.

I bought mine mint for $350 so that is a whole lot of receiver and transmit
for the dollar.

Signals overall seem about equal with the Drake R8 - which we all know is a solid receiver.

Colin Newell is the editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com, DXer.ca and BobHarris.com Amateur Radio VA7WWV - Victoria B.C. Canada | Twitter.com/coffeecrew