[IRCA] Getting to the bottom of 1710

I haven't seen these posted yet - web links with live audio to some of the 1710 stations we're talking about.

I'm in downtown Toronto where DXing is near-impossible, so that gives me time to think outside my radiobox. When I'm at my Burnt River DX site I'm so focused on the radio (when I'm not working) that I neglect these things.

You can bet I'll be trying to sync what I'm hearing on 1710 with these live links whenever I'm on 1710. They give every impression of being live.

Radio Celestiale: www.smjrc.com
Radio Soleil Internationale: www.radiosoleilinternational.com
Radio Top Inter: Nothing I can find

I think these two live audio sites - if they're truly live, and it sounds like it - are a no-brainer for anyone of us DXing 1710. Use these to ID the stations and/or rule them out and have other suspects.

I'd like to further have us all tear through Shawn Axelrod's excellent list on amandx and sort out what's on the air full-time, occasionally, or not at all. Some of the following are in a community near YOU! So please help the cause!

So, from www.angelfire.com/mb/exband/miscunid.html :

1710 RADIO TOP INTER HYDE PARK-DORCHESTER MA USA FRENCH CARIBBEAN RELAYED ON 98.9 FM
1710 WDCX DADE CITY FL US NEWS TALK
1710 LUBAVITCHER RADIO NEW YORK CITY USA HEBREW/YIDDISH FORMAT ALSO CALLED RADIO MOSHIACH & REDEMPTION
1710 W807 GLASFORD IL USA
1710 AM 1710 ANTIOCH ANTIOCH IL USA OLD TIME RADIO
1710 RADIO FENIQUE/RADIO SUMMUM JACKSONVILLE FL ORLANDO FL/LAWRENCEVILLE GA USA GOSPEL/TALK/WORLD MUSIC
1710 VOIX DE LAKAY WINTER HAVEN FL USA
1710 RADIO SANTIAGO ??? NEW YORK USA
1710 RADIO SOLEIL INTERNATIONAL STOCKTON MA USA VOICE OF THE HAITIANS
1710 RADIO AMOR CARSON CITY NV USA SPANISH MUSIC AND RELIGIOUS
1710 LIBERTY RADIO SOUIX FALLS SD/OMAHA NE/MAPLE GROVE MN/SOUTH BEND IN USA POLITICAL TALK
1710 RADIO Ñ TU IDENTIDAD RADN TUCSON AZ USA SPANISH LATIN
1710 NEIGHBOURHOOD RADIO HALF MOON BAY CA USA COMMUNITY RADIO
1710 WSOL FORT WAYNE IN USA R&B MUSIC
1710 DADE CITY FREE RADIO DADE CITY FL USA OLDIES MUSIC OLD TIME RADIO AND TALK
1710 THE WIRE NORMAN OK USA UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA
1710 CNX RADIO CONNECTICUT MIDDLETON CT USA ROCK MUSIC HIGH SCHOOOL SPORTS
1710 KOLD LINCOLN NE USA OLDIES TALK OLD TIME RADIO
1710 KDHM WAXMAN RADIO AM 1710 WALNUT RIDGE AR USA SPORTS OLD TIME RADIO
1710 SENIOR RADIO EDISON NJ USA NOS BIG BAND OLDIES
1710 KONK KEY WEST FL USA VARIETY
1710 RADIO CELESTIAL BRONX NY USA SPANISH RELIGIOUS
1710 WONE OMAHA NE USA URBAN TALK THE ONE
1710 RUSSIAN CHURCH STATION PUGET SOUND WA USA SATELLITE FEED RUSSIAN RELIGIOUS PROGRAMMING
1710 AM 1710 LIGHTHOUSE RADIO BAYVIEW/MILWAUKEE WI USA CLASSICAL MUSIC IRN NEWS FROM SOUL'S HARBOR BAPTSIT CHURCH ID AS AM 1710 BAYVIEW MILWAUKEE
1710 THE BIG Q UNKNOWN USA OLDIES
1710 KMUD MOJAVE DESERT AREA CA USA RELAY OF KMUD FM

I can say from hearing it last week that the Big Q is a very occasional oldies pirate, and I am guessing Michigan, but that's just a guess. I also wonder if Radio Mosiach is still on the air. It used to be dominant. But now we have Celestial in the Bronx. I never heard it ID as or be called Lubavitcher Radio, though - I think that's just a nickname we DXers gave it. But maybe I'm wrong?

Saul Chernos
Toronto/Burnt River ON