[IRCA] CJCS 1240 just logged to complete all the non-flee power ON stations for me !

[IRCA] CJCS 1240 just logged to complete all the non-flee power ON stations for me !

After returning home tonight from Cleveland, I rolled out the TA BOG, about 320 ft at 48 deg since I've been reading emails about decent TA cx. Well these cx aren't into IL, other than some weak Saudi 1521 audio and a few hets from regulars. This BOG is terminated via 270 ohms to ground and with the ground rod normally in a few inches of standing water this is my most effective termination, so I didn't even bother putting out a // phase wire.

GYers and upper band regionals clearly favored the NE direction and from time to time there was some oldies on 1240 mixing with semi-local WSBC and NE Mich WCBY's C&W. When I came inside to check CJCS site I realized that they stream audio and at 2058 CDT when I ran back to the DX truck it seemed to be the same song. A CJCS ID was weak at 2100, but at 2103... "AM 1240 is proud to be operated by Haliburton Broadcasting" and a Stratford mention.

I've been chasing this one for a long time.  From that same direction, CJEU 1670 is tremendous and sounds like a French version of Radio Disney. CHTO 1690 has a stunning signal crushing WVON. CHTO gets out great for 1 kw and makes it very hard to hear Montreal. CHHA is very good on 1610 and on 1650 CINA is above CJRS with KCNZ well under. 1380 CKPC is very dominant and 1580 CKDO sounds almost local-like.

73 KAZ Barrington IL