From: ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rene
Tetro
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 2:13 AM
To: ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'International Radio Club of America'
Subject: [ABDX] 990 in the Northeast

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if I could impose on some of you guys in the northeast? I am
having interference problems on 990 WNTP here in Philadelphia, largely from
CKGM in Montreal. Their signal is so strong here at night that it
penetrates deeply within my licensed interference-free contour. It seems
unlikely that the signal I am seeing can be produced by their licensed night
pattern, which is (at least on paper) very restrictive into the US. On
paper they should boom their 50kw almost entirely to the north while
supposedly having deep nulls at night toward Philly, Providence, Rochester,
and Knoxville (as well as toward Winnipeg, MB and Corner Brook, NF).

You can see their licensed night pattern on the FCC Database:
http://www.fcc.gov/ftp/Bureaus/MB/Databases/AM_DA_patterns/403523-27563.pdf

You can compare that with their much less restrictive licensed day pattern:
http://www.fcc.gov/ftp/Bureaus/MB/Databases/AM_DA_patterns/403523-27562.pdf

Now, here is what I would like to know: what signals seem to be predominant
in your area on 990 at night? Does CKGM come in more strongly that what you
would think their pattern should produce?

For those of you in areas with stations on 990, does CKGM present a problem
to your local station at night?

Finally, if you are in an area south of Montreal, is it possible for you to
listen and detect if you can hear them change pattern from day to night? The
change toward the south should be significant. According to the information
provided by the FCC, they should be changing pattern at about 6:00PM EST in
March.

Any information you can give me concerning any of the above questions would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

73,
Rene'

Rene' Tetro
Director of Engineering
WNTP-WFIL
Philadelphia

__._,_.___

Reply <mailto:rtetro@xxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20990%20in%20the%20Northeast>
to sender | Reply
<mailto:ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Re%3A%20990%20in%20the%20Northeast>  to
group | Reply
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ABDX/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJyMXV2NjAzBF9TAzk3MzU5Nz
E0BGdycElkAzE1NzA1ODIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM0OTYyOARzZWMDZnRyBH
NsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEyOTkxMzYzNzA-?act=reply&messageNum=49628>  via web post

E0BGdycElkAzE1NzA1ODIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW
1lAzEyOTkxMzYzNzA-> Start a New Topic

Messages
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ABDX/message/49609;_ylc=X3oDMTM3Y3NwbmNzBF9TA
zk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NzA1ODIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM0OTYyOARzZ
WMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyOTkxMzYzNzAEdHBjSWQDNDk2MDk->  in this topic
(4)

Recent Activity:

*
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ABDX/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJnMzYwZ2RwBF9TAzk3MzU
5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1NzA1ODIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycwR
zdGltZQMxMjk5MTM2Mzcw?o=6> New Members 1

ycElkAzE1NzA1ODIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzE
yOTkxMzYzNzA-> Visit Your Group

The ABDX website www.abdx.org!

zA1ODIxBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTI5OTEzNjM3M
A--> Yahoo! Groups

Switch to:
<mailto:ABDX-traditional@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Format:
%20Traditional> Text-Only,
<mailto:ABDX-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest>
Daily Digest .
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Terms of Use

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=15705821/grpspId=1705063108/msgI
d=49628/stime=1299136370/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>