[IRCA] Kenwood R-5000 vs. Drake SW-8: Image rejection, sensitivity, and selectivity factors

[IRCA] Kenwood R-5000 vs. Drake SW-8: Image rejection, sensitivity, and selectivity factors

As you can probably surmise by the subject line, I'm doing some comparison
shopping.  My 2010 is dying (it's practically useless on LW and SW now, and it's
always been so on FM), and I've narrowed my preference for my next set-up to two

a) the Kenwood R-5000 + an FM tuner to be named later

b) the Drake SW-8

Would like to find out from people who own either of these receivers how they
perform, and I'm especially interested in how the SW-8 does on the FM side (if
I'd be better off with a tuner, I'll go that route, but I would be quite happy
if I could get a LW/MW/SW desktop that also has exceptional FM reception so that
I don't have to pony up more $$$ for something that'll take up more space).  And
as far the the image rejection, the sensitivity, and the selectivity go, I want
to know how both radios do in these areas on ALL bands.

73,
Rick Dau
South Omaha, NE