[IRCA] MW DX from Enid OK, January 21-23, 2011

[IRCA] MW DX from Enid OK, January 21-23, 2011

All times and dates strictly UT. MW log editors are welcome to excerpt items, reformat and change to favorite timezone if necessary. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; some caradio as specified; above 2 MHz on FRG-7 with 110-foot east-west longwire.

** MEXICO. 660, Jan 21 at 1317 UT music, ``aquí en Delicias``, so XEACB, Cd. Delicias, Chihuahua. Several of the other usual XE suspects were in on 650, 710, 730, 770, 870, 1300 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1600, Jan 21 a bit before 1330 UT, Star Spangled Banner is playing, presumably KRVA, The Metroplex, TX as heard yesterday but a few minutes later. A semi-minute later now, low het cuts on the frequency, and ``Rolling on the River`` plays, 1332 ``Real Oldies 1600`` ID, weather hi in the 50s; and then Vietnamese talk starts to dominate from KRVA. No RVN anthem heard meanwhile today.

The off-frequency has been pinned previously on KMDO Fort Scott in SE KS. NRC AM Log 2010-2011 does show it as OLDies format, but we know for sure that KRKE Albuquerque uses that slogan, so that may not be associated with the het.

Furthermore, today`s hi in ABQ is predicted in the 50s, vs 30s in Fort Scott. 1330 UT is indeed the official January sunrise time for KMDO, when it would be bumping up twenty-two-fold from 35 to 770 watts (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1670, Jan 21 I tune in an hour earlier than yesterday for the unID Spanish religion station: at 1254 UT audible in null of WTDY Madison WI making a fast SAH during Spanish talk. When the Spanish strengthens, it does seem to be coming from WSW, not south as would be the new XEANAH, which is not religious, anyway. So can only assume it is KHPY (for Happy?), Moreno Valley CA serving LA, supposedly with direxional beam nowhere near OKward; maybe out of whack? Only a few 1670s in US, and no others known to be Spanish.

At 1300 praise music in Spanish past hourtop, now stronger than WTDY, but no ID heard. 1321 W&W conversation, now WTDY is gone. How well do others find KHPY getting out to the east? Here`s the FCC nite pattern plot showing a null at 75 degrees, toward us, tho not as deep as one toward Redding:
http://www.fcc.gov/ftp/Bureaus/MB/Databases/AM_DA_patterns/622323-77871.pdf
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1681.0, Jan 23 at 0640 UT, KRJO 1680 Old School in Monroe LA has constant het on hi side, never noted before. Still there when I turn back on at 1308. Could one of the other five US stations on 1680 have slipped a kHz? Cuba has done this on some other frequencies, except there is no known Cuban on 1680. Possibly of local origin, but I doubt it. Anyone else hearing it? I was in the area trying for new XEANAH on 1670, but so far no luck with that, nor on caradio in evenings (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###