Re: [IRCA] 1520 DX

On Wednesday 19 January 2011 21:17:42 Jim Renfrew wrote:
> With WWKB 1520 still on I just caught an ID from WSVX, Shelbyville IN at
> 2114 EST.  Seems to be playing pop music, but not oldies.  This is a new
>  one  here.  While this is a U-4 station, it seems quite strong under
>  WWKB, so I would hazard a guess that the antenna is still non-directional
>  this evening. WWKB due to go off at 2200.  Looks like I will get a lot of
>  WSVX instead of Oregon or something equally exotic!

Conditions don't seem that hot tonight, so I'm not expecting anything exotic,
but it will be interesting to see what shows up.  In theory, those of us who
are relatively close to KB shouldn't hear much of anything, but nighttime
protection of clear channel stations ain't what it used to be!

For those who are interested in swapping notes in real time while DX'ing 1520
tonight, may I suggest showing up on the StarChat #mwdx channel?

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON