[IRCA] Daytime DX Report!!

I was on the west side of Carbondale, Illinois sitting in the car spinning
the dial while waiting for my roomie to grab something from work.

I hit the AM dial, and after passing local WJPF 1340, the dial stopped on
1370kHz and I heard what sounded like standards music. The signal wasn't
great, but it was listenable and steady. I was tuned in at 9:59am central,
and heard a Standards tune playing.. but couldn't ID the song.

As the song faded out, i heard "The Voice of The Tri States, AM 1370 KDTH
Dubuque" very clearly into a network newscast!

NEW LOG! At a distance of 338 air miles with 5000 Watts Non Directional
during the middle of the day, I'd rate this as a good catch!

I also heard WYLL 1160 Chicago, IL at the same location, about the same
distance..several mentions of Chicago and promos for upcoming programs. Not
a terribly distant catch and some of the other 50KW Chicago stations, WBBM,
WGN, etc are regular visitors.. but I was slightly, pleasantly surprised
since there's a 5KW on 1150 (That i work for!!) 20 miles to the east of
where I heard WYLL!

Paul Walker
www.onairdj.com
www.facebook.com/onairdj