Re: [IRCA] Algeria on 549 khz

Allen Willie mentioned an "extraordinarily strong" Algeria-549 in Newfoundland last night.  Here in Missouri I checked for it around 0400 UTC and was getting just a bare hint of a 1-kHz het against the 550 domestics.  I have had audio from 531 this season, but not from this one.   There's been little or no evidence of TA reception around here lately.  I had checked for a Saudi-1521 het on the Toyota truck rx around sunset (about 2330 UT) last night, and nothing, nada, zilch.  I can usually hear at least a weak 1kHz het on 1520, but not last night.

Randy Stewart
Battlefield (near Springfield), MO
Listening in bed on a Sony 7600GR