From: kevin redding <dc2daylight@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] [DX-tip] FCC Notice regarding TIS expansion & public comment
Date: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 7:51 PM

On Jan 1, 2011, at 6:56 PM, George Sherman wrote:

> Maybe the new TIS stations would broadcast the evacuation routes in the event of a nuclear detonation. Nuclear Detonation Preparedness www.nagc.com  You can send them questions or comments. Thanks Curtis! 73, George S., MN

With the massive EMP wave sent out from a nuclear detonation, this leaves me to ask two questions, George:

1. Do you expect a transmitter that has been exposed to many Giga Electron Volts to survive that and keep transmitting?

2. Do you expect a common household receiver to withstand equal punishment from nuclear weapon EMP?

I am sure that propagation would be a mess for a while, that the transmitters and receivers cooked and we would be worried about a lot more than the radio being off the air.

If it doesn't have tubes, you can forget trying to use it.

Kevin