Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:06:10 -0500
From: "Robert S.Ross VA3SW" <va3sw@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: IRCA AM List <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [IRCA] Tecsun PL-606 Arrived Today....................

Hi Guys:

     Even with the Bitter Cold and Snowy Conditions, the Mailman managed

to deliver the  Latest Addition to my ULR Radio Stable...the Tecsun
PL-606. It took 14 Days from the day my Order was placed to arrival at
my door. Pretty fast for the Christmas Mail Rush.......Ms. Joyce at
Anon-co in HONG KONG is still providing GOOD Customer Service to us
Crazy Dx'ers over here half a world away!!

Everything arrived in good order and I hope to give it a workout later
today at Sunset.

This is ULR #25........Maybe it's time to Surrender??????
HAHHAHHAHA.............

As if adding this New Radio wasn't bad enough.....this past Saturday a
friend of mine arrived at my Door with a Bunch of Radio Gear he no
longer wanted...and knew that Rob's Home for Wayward Radios would act as

an Orphanage....and give them a Good Home!!

He dropped off a 1970's Classic PANASONIC RF-2200 Portable, with the
Matching ANTENNA TUNER!! Also in the stash was a 1970's MARANTZ RF-2220B

FM Amp/Tuner and a MARANTZ 6100 Turntable from the same era!! All
Manuals, Cables, and Accessories included!! Sorta like Christmas 2 Weeks

Early!!!

If I ever get done Shoveling Snow here......I hope to find some time to
devote to all the Radio Stuff that has showed up here lately!!! I had
things thinned out pretty good here for a while....but things are
starting to get out of hand again. I should have got the hint when I
dragged home a 45 Pound 5 KW Radio Tube used in a Commercial Radio
Station....It's a GE GL-892R ...and it's so heavy it has Metal Handles
on the sides so you can carry it!!! That and the Flashing Red Lights
from the Top of the old Transmitting Tower  of 1570 CHLO St. Thomas,
Ontario .....that followed me home not long before that!!

Bottom line is ..."I guess I'm having Fun!!???"...................

Stay warm everybody...even Kirk Allen down in Oklahoma says he's
freezing to death!!! One thing to remember Kirk...Ya don't have to
shovel COLD!

73.....ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA