Re: [IRCA] Japan is coming in too (was)

I went to bed after my original post, but left the SDR recording 690-870 kHz. JOIB was pretty decent at times past 1100 UT when the recordings stopped. JOBB-828 had fair audio at times. JOUB-774 was in as well, but hampered by splatter from KTTH-770. There were bits of audio on 738 at 1100 and carriers at other times. 693 729 756 and 837 also had carriers at times. I'd say the enhancement is now in the middle of the night.

One odd thing: no time pips on the NHK stations at 1000 and 1100 today. At 1100 JOIB had a woman talking across the top of the hour without interruption. Similar story at 1000 - JOBB was the only one with reasonable audio at the time, but no pips were noted and they should have been clearly audible. CBU KXL KTTH KGO etc were all running legal IDs and news at the right times, so the time stamps on my recordings were correct. I don't recall ever noticing this in the past. NHK's time pips are normally there all the time every time.

Bruce