Re: [IRCA] 20 second tone on 1480 and R&R music under 1510 WLAC

Re: [IRCA] 20 second tone on 1480 and R&R music under 1510 WLAC

Tom - I am 99.99% sure that I have been hearing WLRB Macomb, IL on late
for the past 3 weeks.  It has been widely noted that their talk format
ends at 7 PM and they revert to their previous format, whether sunset is
before or after that.  They keep the old format going to keep the
automation functioning, 24/7.  AND if the station does not properly sign
off at sundown, the old format would of course be sent over the air
without ads, newscast and such.

I am reasonably sure that I heard a female singing the calls (WLRB) at
:27 and :57 and a male announcing them at other times ("AM 15-10 WLRB").

As far as the "standards" format goes - many standards format outlets
have taken ten (twenty?) years off their playlists.  Instead of playing
music from the 40's and 50's, they are playing light pop / oldies from
the 1960's and 70's.  When I first started hearing what I presume to be
WLRB, I originally thought that it was rock too but the more I paid
attention, the more I noted that the music is more old, light pop, which
fits today's standards format.

Paul have you heard anything from WLRB's PD?  Once again the key
question is if WLRB's automation for the music format  inserts singing
calls at appx 27 and 57 past the hour.

Rick Dau (NE) heard WLRB behaving this way in September.

Ben Root from KMSD assured me that it is not them.

73,
Dave in Indy

Message: 7