[IRCA] TP DX Today in Seattle

I woke up early today and checked out the TP scene for the first time in over a week.

There were many signals, but most were weak, and few were good on a sustained basis. Some of the usual NHK & Korean powerhouses were sometimes OK but not spectacular. The most interesting items were hets against my 50kw locals on 710 820 and 1090, but unfortunately no audio was heard. That was from 1313 to 1405 UT. After that, I had other things to deal with, including a 7 a.m. conference call as part of a weird day that was half telecommuting and half vacation, separated by a medical appointment in the middle. I made a couple of quick checks 1405-1500ut but no improvements were noted, much like what Gary experienced during his morning session. I guess that's to be expected on the downward slope of November.

Here's today's DX:

Good audio, somewhat understandable by a native speaker
972 KBS very briefly at about 1320
1566 HLAZ briefly at 1335

Fair audio,words and phrases understandable by a native
657 NK
693 JOAB, during breaks in the CBU splatter
774 JOUB, ditto, in the KTTH splatter
750 KFQD mostly behind KXL
981 CNR

Burbles in the splatter, some with recognizable program content, some with pretend audio
594 JOAK
603 YL talk
738 music
747