[IRCA] TPs in Seattle on 11-6-10

I listened for the first time in two weeks this morning, starting at 1430.

Most of the activity was at the low end of the dial, with virtually no TPs heard above 1200.

The NHK powerhouses were doing well today, although 774 was a bit hard to get. Koreans were so-so.

The most interesting signal was on 1098 with a woman and music in Chinese or a similar sounding language. There's supposed to be a new high powered CNR-11 (Tibetan service) outlet on that freq in SW China. The transmitter is rumored to be ex-1134 in Golmud. Unfortunately, the CNR-11 SW //'s weren't in and the signal was lost in domestic splatter at 1500. So, I'm not sure what it was.

Good audio (mostly understandable by a native speaker)
594     JOAK
693    JOAB
747    JOIB

Fair audio (words or phrases understandable)
603    KBS2
774    JOUB
828    JOBB
1044    China
1134    Music at 1452, likely HLCA

Recognizable program content
558    KBS2 //603
666    JOBK//594
756    China
936    Talk (China?)
972    KBS
1035    China
1098    Unid in CC or similar lang at 1448

Bruce