Re: [IRCA] CKWX TEST

On 2010-10-19, at 12:45 PM, Patrick Martin wrote:

>>> I suspect they're actually doing field-strength measurements to
> confirm that Oregon really is dropping power when it's supposed to.
> (After all, *they* don't have Patrick's monitoring station on the coast
> to tell them that!)<<
>
> I can just imagine what the QRM must be like in their area, considering
> I cannot get CKWX clear enough to listen to, even with a NE EWE that
> somewhat nulls the SE. Even with phasing on top of that, it is still
> useless until after LSS. CKWX is probably at best 30% of Mt. Angels
> signal. On the car radio, it is all Mt. Angel and I used to get CKWX in
> places during the day.

Here in Calgary AB I tuned into 1130 last night at 7:20MDT and it was
all Mt. Angel, not a trace of CKWX to be heard. Mt Angel powered down
at exactly 7:30 MDT (=6:30 PDT) leaving CKWX in the clear.

Perhaps the idea of using 600 is good, with Montana (KGZZ) gone here it is all
CJWW day and night with WMT sometimes heard at night with CJWW nulled. Besides
CJWW the closest stations to Vancouver would be the three California stations.

73,

Deane McIntyre VE6BPO
(who has a QSL from the 10 watt shortwave relay of CKWX that was on 6080
for many years but is now long silent)