Re: [IRCA] [AMFMTVDX] Reminder - WGBW 1590 DX Test TONIGHT

I have oldies on top now (1323 w/Fleetwood Mac) with a mention of the "Tri-Cities" and WKTP, Jonesboro TN for a new one!

Rick S., NW NJ.

On 10/16/2010 12:19 AM, Jim Renfrew wrote:
In case anyone's got the off channel QRM, my nearest local WASB 1590 in
Brockport NY with religion is operating at about 1589.92 right now.  Jim
Renfrew, Holley NY

----- Original Message -----
From: "Saul DX"<sauldx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;<am@xxxxxxxxxxx>;<amdx@xxxxxxxxxx>;
<amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 1:18 PM
Subject: [AMFMTVDX] Reminder - WGBW 1590 DX Test TONIGHT

1590 WGBW in Two Rivers WI plans to test tonight at 0100-0200 *Eastern*
Daylight Time (midnight local/central time and 0500-0600 UTC). Test will
last for an hour. Musical selections will be varied, including Mickey
Mouse
March, Bugle Calls and Muppet Music.
Test will be at 1000 watts and commercial-free, of course.
Reports to:

WGBW Radio
1414 16th Street
Two Rivers, WI 54241-3031
Attn: Mark Heller

wgbw@xxxxxxxx

Mark says he particularly likes the letters so they can be shown to
advertisers!

Thanks to Mark for running the test, and John Rieger for acting as our
conduit. Much appreciated!

... and, if you know an engineer or other station personnel who might run
test, please feel free to approach them. As usual, I'm available for any
questions and comments.

Now, if my cold subsides a bit I will try and get to Burnt River for this.
If not, I'll try from downtown Toronto. I've previously heard WGBW from
both
locations, anyhow.

Saul Chernos
IRCA-NRC DX Test committee coordinator