[IRCA] TP for 15 Oct from Victoria, BC

As others have noted, something collapsed this morning.   Strangely, as Gary noted, things looked reasonably promising around 1300UT,  when various standard fare Asiatics were heard.  Off I went for breakfast, back at 1345, and the bottom had fallen out of things; another check at 1420 yielded a few weak DUs.   No idea what would have caused this sudden change, none of the indices I`m aware of showed any sudden change.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

774 JOUB 1305UT
828 JOBB also around 1300

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

594 JOAK around 1300
972 three and one pips on the hour at 1300UT plus KK talk points to HLCA
1566 HLAZ around 1300

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker

558 no parallel available; 1300ish
747 JOIB earlier
1053 Korean jammer earlier
1287 likely JOHR

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

567 JOIB //594 at 1303UT

the rest were all heard around 1420UT:

612  DU inflected EE; 4QR
702 2BL //774
774 3LO I guess, briefly over the remnants of JOUB //702
792 4RN maybe
1575 DU sounding EE inflection; NZ, Australia...nothing is a powerhouse here

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

1475 earlier on

best wishes,

Nick