Re: [IRCA] KPWX 1130 Mount Angel S-9+50 db at 1359 utc

Re: [IRCA] KPWX 1130 Mount Angel S-9+50 db at 1359 utc

Dennis,

I am also surprised with the signal of KWPX as when they were testing, I
could easily get CKWX fine. The NW and NE EWE's are very directional and
I have the nulls peaked perfectly. Even KEX is 20DB down from the SW
EWE, and it is not directional towards Portland/the valley. The NE EWE
is aimed pretty much at Seattle/Vancouver. CKWX had S9+10-15 DB days,
but now is under KWPX at S9+30-35!!!  I don't have a wire directional to
the SE. If I did, I can imagine the signal! I cannot understand how they
can get away running an ERP of 50KW to the North. Apparently the FCC
oked that. Don't we have to protect CKWX? CKWX seems to think so. Right
now, CKWX is losing their Frasier Valley listeners. As it gets towards
Winter more, KWPX will cut into more of their day, with the darkness
path. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR