Re: [IRCA] CKWX 1130 Interference etc etc

Re: [IRCA] CKWX 1130 Interference etc etc

If you check tonight starting at from about 8 to 8:15 PM MDT, I suspect you'll find them mixing in with CKWX which also should be coming in by that time. 1130 is a nice channel here since everything seems to null this way (perhaps to protect WISN) and WISN has a very deep null this way, to protect KWKH which nulls to the north.

I suspect KPWX will become the easiest way to get OR here in IL. 1080 has to deal with KYMN which often runs day power into the night and being sports can be tough to ID. 1190 has to deal with Sask. Both 1080 and 1190 were in last night via SSS and 1190 was really good at 8:28 MDT with Dave Ramsey.

DXers in my vicinity or even east of here who can get CKWX before their sunset should be able to get KPWX tonight as well on what is one of the best sunset skip days of the year.

Re: IBOC... I often phase WRVA when DXing to the west on 1130. That reduces their IBOC, although I still have to cope with KMOX's which, if bad I tune to 1128 or 1129 to get further away from the big IBOC on 1134.

Re: IBOC again...LOL last night when trying 1140 at times phase nulling WRVA. There was some IBOC from 1130 (nothing on 1150 that I can get has IBOC) even though KFAN was the only thing coming in that uses IBOC and the situation on 1130 was the CKWX and KPWX were equal, with KWKH under and KFAN under that as the 4th best received station on the channel, but enough to be an IBOC bother !!

73 KAZ Barrington IL.. R8A and Phased BOG System at 273 deg, 930 ft // 600 ft