Re: [IRCA] Strong Chinese on 657 kHz

Hi Chuck,

Thanks very much for listening to the two 657 kHz clips from this morning,
and your suggestion of the Henan, China identity. I was sure that this
station shows up at Grayland frequently, and it's very helpful to know  what
you guys received there.

As you may know, it's kind of a challenge to get good recording audio on
the modified Ultralight radios, which have no line-out recording jack. There
is  always the temptation for a DXer to overdrive the audio, when  receiving
weak TP-DX signals. I was planning to build  something like a line-out
recording jack into the Tecsun PL-380 model  after the July DU-chasing trip to
Oregon, but got sidetracked  by other matters. After such a line-out
recording jack is built into the  ULR's like the PL-380 and C.Crane SWP, we should
finally be able to record  657-Pyongyang's highly distorted audio with
maximum high fidelity :-)

73, Gary

In a message dated 9/18/2010 8:49:36 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,