[IRCA] TP/DU DX 8/26

So far a rather poor morning on the North Coast. I still need to peak up
the SW EWE. The best this morning was 2PM-531 at around S7 on peaks.

531    2PM    AUSTRALIA, Port Macquirrie, fair to poor with non top
oldie pop music "Just When I needed You The Most" then "MoreMusic, More
Favorites" a spot for a Jewelery store, followed by some event in
Kempsey, then into "Dedicated To The One I love-Mamas and Papas) at
1223-1228 UTC 8/28. As usual no call letter ID, but enough to prety much
ID them.  I have ben hearing this station since the 1970s when they were
2KM (Kempsey) on 530 with 2 KW. Then in 1979 they moved to 531, in the
80s boosted to 5 KW directional and switched to 2MC (Mid Coast Radio),
then in to 90s going to 2PM (Port Macquarie). Hard to get a call ID out
of them these days, but at least there are times the spots give them
away. (PM-OR)

576/594   JAPAN, Both rather poor with what sounded like a JJ Play of
some kind at 1234 8/26. Woman in JJ. (PM-OR)

738    TAHITI, fair with woman in FF at 1237 8/26. (PM-OR)

891    JAPAN, Sendai  JOHK fair at peaks //594with what sounded like
play at 1243 8/26. Over unid which sounded like Sports, so probably
Australia. (PM-OR)

972   KOREA, fair with woman in KK at 1241 8/26, lots of 960 IBOC noise.
(PM-OR)

1053   KOREA, weak with man and woman in KK 1245 8/26. (PM-OR)

Drake R8
NW/SW EWEs

Nothing except a few hets on the Tecsun  PL-380. Tried to pull audio out
on 531, but could not quite make it.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside Oregon
"Come visit us for the 2010 IRCA convention held Sept 24-26 at the Inn
At Seaside."