[IRCA] not TA

For most evenings in the last month, there has been at least a trace of a carrier on 1566kHz, though rarely with an audible beat note.  Initially, it was strongest between 0500 and 0530UT, shortly before sunrise in Parakou, Benin.   Recently, the carrier has been best closer to my local sunset, now around 0330UT.  For the most part, I haven't been reporting it, as it has been so common.

Tonight, for the first time in a while, there's been no sign of a carrier on this channel, but so far as I know, no geomagnetic upset has occurred.    Last season, this signal had disappeared by early fall, rather than strengthening with the longer nights, so perhaps it's happening again.

best wishes,

Nick