Re: [IRCA] Status

Phil, that's good news indeed. You are blessed. You faired far better than I. The past 2 months have been bad news for me. You may recall that I already have 3 cardiac stents and a pacemaker/AICD in my body. On July 7th my employer came looking for me because I didn't show up for my scheduled 12 hour work shift and didn't answer my cell phone. I was found unconscious and had apparently been on my face on the floor for about 24 hours. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital where I eventually spent over 2 weeks and ended up having a big toe amputated! I now have a PICC line in my arm and I have been going to the hospital every day for the past 30 days to get an infusion of antibiotics to fight off the infection that caused them to remove my toe (secondary to diabetes). So I've been out of work for almost 2 months now. Fortunately I had managed to save a little money and in June, right before this happened, I applied to start receiving my fire department retirement pension. I!
  should get my first monthly check from that this Friday. It's certainly not enough to live on. But it is better than nothing. Congratulations are also in order to you on the wedding! It is good indeed that you will be well in time for that. Best wishes my friend.

Pat Griffith, N0NNK