[IRCA] Incoming CME and Perseids (FM DX)

[IRCA] Incoming CME and Perseids (FM DX)

>From Spaceweather.com:

INCOMING CME: The solar eruption of August 7th might affect Earth after
all. Newly-arriving data from the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory
(SOHO) show a CME heading our way with a significant Earth-directed
component. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras when
the cloud arrives on August 10th. A movie of the CME is featured on
today's edition of http://spaceweather.com.

EARLY PERSEID METEORS:  The Perseid meteor shower doesn't peak until
August 12th, but already late-night sky watchers are seeing a nice
display of shooting stars.  Observers are counting as many as 20
Perseids per hour from dark sky sites, a number that could increase 3-
to 5-fold before the week is over.  Visit http://spaceweather.com for
more information.

73,
Dave in Indy

PS: I also get newsletters from Charles Deehr at University of Alaska -
Fairbanks and it noted that aurora could be visible Tuesday night.

http://www.gedds.alaska.edu/auroraforecast/travelersguide.htm - maybe
some more Au cx is coming on MW. dh