[IRCA] WVMC

Regarding WVMC,

  Eventually the FCC may post the information.

WVMC was sold to another group, Wabash Broadcasting, in 2006.  Little known to us, as we didn't find out til later. It was transferred, many thought, because the old owner Wabash Communications had been collecting employee withholding and other taxes and not paying them to the IRS, according to the IRS employee who has this mess. The IRS was ready to swoop in and shut the place down. Then everything was immediately Wabash Broadcasting.  New name, new company, now new IRS problems were a year or so away.

They were operating WVMC, an FM station under some agreement, and a TV. The TV went dark in 2004 as DTV entered the picture.  The AM was off and on but the FM still operated. In December 2009 we found out the bank was foreclosing and we had to move the FM. The AM and TV did not get moved.  The AM had been off and on since 2008 and had no remote control. The TV, 2004.

The station license for WVMC which had been dark over a year was mailed to 328 Market Street in Mount Carmel. This is where the FM station had moved after the rats abandoned ship, so to speak. The mailing address for WVMC was 606 Market, sold and all the equipment long gone since Jan 2009.  As I engineer for the station at this address they were not amused that they kept getting the mail. They had lost money in the whole deal and Williams of Wabash Communication and Walters of Wabash broadcasting had disappeared.

We called FCC Staff and told them but the License kept coming back.  They said send a letter, so it was sent. After the fact we discovered there was a deal, unknown to anyone associated with Wabash Communications, because I did ask them, and Williams would not return phone calls.

Two "publications" that I am aware of and who have "published" things I have indicated are incorrect wrote an "article".  I called them and said, hey why did you not ask about this before writing it? To date they have all the FCC data and have elected not to properly publish information, instead, posting things to inflate the matter..like here.

There is much more that the FCC has not published.  To date, there are MANY other issues that were not raised because we didn't know.

I will publish a link when it is available.