Re: [IRCA] Off the wall question

Models that provided the old police band went into that range

73, Mac, kr0i

In a message dated 4/23/2010 9:07:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
l8r2day@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I was  noticing the other day, my 1948 Firestone radio I keep in the
workshop  goes up to 1700kc. The X band wasn't officially used until
around 1993 if  I'm correct.
Why does it go that high in the 1st place?
Does anyone else  know of some of the older tube, and transistor radios
that go that  high??

original  contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA,
its  editors, publishing staff, or officers

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org