Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 3-22.. 1575 kHz Mystery

Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 3-22.. 1575 kHz Mystery

Thanks Walt,

Chuck also sent an email suggesting AFN as a possibility, and after
listening to your MP3 of 1575-AFN in the Dxer.Ca Sound Byte section, I think  it's
the most likely possibility. The disco music station faded out just before
the 1400 TOH this morning, of course.

By coincidence, 1580-FEN (one of the same stations 40 years ago) was my
local pest in Iwakuni, Japan when I was a military dependent going to high
school from 1967-1969, and would certainly be a great station for me to ID. I
remember the transmitting antenna was very close to the salt water beach at
the  Marine Corps Air Station there-- probably the reason why the 1 kw
transmitter gets out so well.

73, Gary

In a message dated 3/22/2010 7:16:58 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,