[IRCA] KORC 820 returns to the airways

>From the Portland PDX radio forum.

At 12:30 PM on Thursday KORC returned to the airwaves with music and ID's while we sort things out, regular programming to start Saturday.

Still working out some kinks. New Studio, new transmitter building, new emergency generator, new automation (BSI), new board (Arrakis), new, new and more new... if you look hard you can find one or two bits from what was on the air a year ago!

Good thing we moved, the old studio building is in foreclosure, the old tranmitter building had already started deconstructing (decomposing).

Power increase was filed (5 kW-D) this week, should show up in "accepted for filing" in a day or two.

Among other things I had to rebuild the T-Network, I'm told it worked "OK" at the end of 300' of RG-8, but wouldn't match at the end of 6 ft of RG-8. It was 0.002 mfd feeding a T of inductors, it's now a T with the capacitor in leg of the T, but 0.0074 mfd, which is giving a reasonable match considering the short tower, about 7 watts coming back at 1 kw.

"Grand Re-Opening" to take place on April 1st... I thinks that's appropriate!

Linc Reed-Nickerson

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA