Re: [IRCA] unid with CLA music on 910

neilkaz wrote:
I agree with Saul's assessment here and suspect 910 with CLA was
WSUI.

I disagree, strongly. WSUI is part of Iowa Public Radio's news/talk network, and its schedule has no classical music on it at all:

http://iowapublicradio.org/scheduleGrid.php?signal=WSUI

WSUI would have been carrying BBC World Service at the time of last night's reported reception, and BBCWS doesn't carry symphonies the last time I checked.

IPR has a separate classical FM network, heard on KSUI 91.7 in Iowa City.

Much more likely, I think, is KPOF Denver: unlike WSUI, they use the "AM 91" slogan on the air as their main identifier...and lo and behold, their Sunday night schedule includes "Sunday Classical Music" from 7-10 PM Mountain time!

http://www.am91.org/programs/index.shtml

I could easily believe that "KPOF" could sound like "KBLS" under the right circumstances.