Re: [IRCA] XEPE 1700/ band scan

02 - 01- 10  0930 PST_ Victoria B.C.  While doing a 3: 30 to 4: 30 PM Sunday band scan on the south shore of the city,away from buildings and electrical noise,which netted me 96 signals across the band of which 40 are local or semi-local on my new RedSun RP-2100, I heard sports on 1700 with listenable audio and didn' t think it would be the Mex from S D, Ca. but it sounds like it was them after all(with format change). Also I heard the test tone from the new KTRP Mt.Angel OR under semi local CKWX Vancouver on 1130. Many others not normally heard downtown were easily caught(away from electrical noise).After an hour the catch became 100 but would have been 107 as a few dropped out. It sure makes a big difference if you're in a noise free zone.I did not have the time to record all the skippers that were in during the hour. The rig is very directionally sensitive,making it possible to get more than one station on a freq.Bill in BC