Re: [IRCA] Late Sunset in Western PA

I had WELD with oldies. Right after 1900 EST. At 2230 I'm still getting CHML on 690 // 900. Must be a mixing product, but CHML is quite a distance from here, so that's very odd. I'm also getting some cw QRM on 690. IBOC bad at times, too. Jim Renfrew, Holley NY

Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Late Sunset in Western PA

On Friday 29 January 2010 19:43:40 Jim Renfrew wrote:
940    WGRP with high school basketball.  Sunset must arrive late in
 western  Pennsylvania, because this is a daytimer.

940    CJGX    Yorkton SK with local ads, "GX-94", C&W music

Same two stations noted here. WGRP has been running day power at night for years, often heard here under CINW. There is also somebody about 120 Hz low,
putting a hum on the channel.

On 690, some classic rock noted soon after CINF dropped carrier - probably
WELD. Now several LAs fighting it out, mushed by WLW IBOC... strongest one
has mostly music - maybe XEX?

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON