Re: [IRCA] Arizona Stations Off

Gang,

On 1/22/10 6:27 PM, Mike Sanburn wrote:

Isn't KGDP 660 now KWVE??!!  I was just listening to KTNN the other night with Navajo chants. Weather here has been horrible with rain, lightning, hail, waterspouts, etc...Mike Sanburn

I live in Boone, Iowa now, but my brother lives in Tucson, Arizona. I spoke to him on the phone this afternoon and he told me that they had, had the worst wind storm he had ever seen in Tucson. Several of his neighbors had roofs damaged from just the wind.

I grew up there listening to KTKT from grade school thru high school.

A lot of folks that I later heard in California got their start on KTKT.

John Mac Flanagan, Chris Borden ( who later started a DJ school in the Bay Area), Lou Waters (CNN), and others. It was a great radio station in the 1950s and 1960s. Color Radio..."If you don't want it heard on KTKT news....don't let it happen".

See: http://ktkt.homestead.com/

I grew up on KTKT and KOMA. KTKT had to go off at 1700 local when I was young. But shortly there after KOMA ("Yours truly Kah Oh Mmmm A") came booming in.

Sadly, radio has never been the same.

Steve
--
Stephen Hawkins NG0G